PeaceHealth is seeking a Senior Client Engineer (Desktop Engineer). Salary range is $86,000 - $129,000 depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
**Remote position. The Sr. Client Engineer will live in Oregon, Washington, or Alaska by start date. Relocation assistance is available.
Participates on team to design, recommend and achieve on the optimal enterprise client technology solutions for caregiver and patient access to PeaceHealth.
Details of the position
- Participates and leads in the development of technology roadmaps, policies, standards and guidelines of client endpoint technologies within the enterprise. Participates as part of a team to build a holistic view of the organization’s client technology strategy with a strong focus on security. Ensures alignment of business and IT goals and objectives.
- Administers PeaceHealth tools in support of endpoint security, patching, automated software deployment, remote control, imaging, inventory and reporting.
- Produces custom reports using current PeaceHealth standard reporting tools.
- Packages applications and operating systems for deployment using PeaceHealth tools and scripting technologies following highly secure policies.
- Creates and modifies appropriately scoped security and management policies using primarily Microsoft standard tools in support of endpoints and users.
- Provides 3rd level support to technology department staff and others.
- Sets, maintains and documents endpoint hardware, operating system, browser and personal productivity software standards.
- Researches, analyzes and tests new technologies in the client endpoint environment.
- Assists technology architects and other technology department leaders in the development of architectural plans. Ensures implementation of infrastructure components adheres to technical design.
- Documents discrete enterprise structural components within client technology environments.
- Mentors and trains client engineers, field services analysts and others on use of related technology tools.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other closely related technical field OR equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience, required.
- A minimum of five (5) years required with architecting, planning and implementing Microsoft Windows, enterprise-level VDI and Next Generation Desktop management deployments and migrations (1,000 – 5,000 seats).
- Health care industry experience preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) preferred.
- Citrix Certified Professional + (CCP-V or CCE-V) preferred
- Endpoint administration management experience with tools such as GPO, MECM, Azure AD, InTune; packaging applications for automated delivery, and automated patching.
- Senior level endpoint support; design and administration of Group Policy and Azure AD; design, administration and support in a multi-forest/multi-domain/Azure Hybrid Active Directory environment and Operating System image creation with automated image delivery and management.
- Familiarity with 3rd party and in-house tools used by PeaceHealth Client Engineering including Microsoft Stack, Citrix, Healthcast (Endpoint SSO) and internally developed applications.
- Significant experience with industry standard scripting languages, including PowerShell.
- Project management experience with moderate to-large-scale projects; familiarity with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) principles and practices.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Citrix App and Desktop Virtualization, Netscaler and Citrix Access Gateway.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to provide thought leadership around Endpoint Lifecycle Management.
- Ability to provide guidance on the planning, development and deployment of endpoint infrastructure; ability to plan, organize, monitor and control projects ensuring efficient utilization of technical resources.
- Ability to analyze diagnose, design, plan, execute and evaluate work to time, cost and quality targets.
- Ability to create, monitor, manage and maintain multiple project plans adhering to relevant project management standards and reporting requirements.
For questions, please contact Jake Baird - [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.