PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, WA is seeking a Rehab Aide - Acute Therapy for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $13.22, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for assisting therapists in the rehab department with set up for patient care; readying areas for patient care; keeping dept clean and clutter free; carries out assigned specific treatment preparation and patient care-related activities; maintains and cleans equipment and supplies, assists with patient transport and assists the clinical staff and office specialist as needed.
What you will do:
- Assist therapist and therapy assistant with patient-care related duties. This includes, but is not limited to providing a second-person assist for patient care, patient treatment area set-up/cleaning, equipment set-up/cleaning, patient transport for care, and patient comfort measures.
- Assist Therapy support staff with reception and clerical duties as needed.
- Participates in staff meetings, caregiver orientation and other gatherings as requested by Manager.
- Keeps treatment areas clean and supplies available. Adheres to department cleaning schedule and logs activities done.
- Readies department in a.m. for patient care, and performs closing duties to keep department organized.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous training/experience in a patient care setting preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keyboarding, computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
PHSW Acute Inpatient Rehab Department
- Performs inventory activities and works with administrative specialist to order needed supplies.
PHSW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.