PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Clinical Liaison Hospice - Hospice Medicare Certified for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $35.48, more depending on experience.
In addition to a competitive hourly wage and excellent benefits, PeaceHealth is offering a $5000.00 sign on bonus to fill this position quickly.
Relocation Assistance is available for those who qualify.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides an interface between health care providers and PeaceHealth Hospice. Develops and implements a program to contact all potential referral sources within the hospital. Responsible for establishing, growing, and maintaining referral volume and relationships with hospital staff. Communicates with existing referral sources and identifies new opportunities within the hospital. Delivers exceptional customer service, and assists with advanced care planning discussions, informational Hospice consults, Hospice education to serve patients and families.
- Maintains and grows existing referral base relationships by serving as a resource for education and patient advocate. Proactively initiates communication with care management and hospital staff to assist with Hospice needs.
- Provides care coordination, participates in key meetings and hospital rounds to identify Hospice-appropriate patients, receive referrals and exchange information regarding patient needs.
- Reviews potential referrals for Hospice, problem solves and provides effective communication with patient care team and care management about patient issues while providing excellent customer service.
- Understands the levels of Hospice care and serves in a consultant role. Responds promptly to hospital staff to ensure timely transitions to Hospice.
- Recommends and assists with Hospice in the Hospital (GIP, Routine, and Respite Care) when appropriate. Meet with patients/Families to explain Hospice services, coordinate, and deliver a smooth transition and ensure continuity of care for patients discharging to PeaceHealth Hospice.
- Ensure growth of home and community and understands Business development initiatives within the division.
- Promotes Hospice services and provides educational in-services to referral sources. Coordinates and communicates with operations team to identify growth opportunities and develop a plan to collaborate with potential referral sources and capture additional business.
- Actively participate in performance improvement initiatives. Demonstrate knowledge of hospital, interdepartmental and unit goals, standards, and operations. Maintain and update knowledge of and is responsive to the laws and regulations which affect his/her practice.
- Performs effective communication by documenting coordination interventions during hospitalization in accordance with standards
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of Nursing
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum of one year of hospice, inpatient or home health nursing experience.
- Previous care management, discharge planning or hospice care placement experience preferred.
- Business Development, Customer service, sales and marketing experience preferred
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in state of practice.
- BLS required
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work independently or as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Computer skills.
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Ability to teach.
- Growth mindset
- Knowledge of patient care needs in a Hospice/HomeCare environment.
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 75 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Work may involve exposure to hazardous medication and/or chemicals and sharp instruments.
- Job duties require intense concentration and attention to detail up to 34-65% of work time
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.