PeaceHealth is seeking a Behavioral Health Associate Clinician for a Part Time, 0.50 FTE, Variable position. This position offers a $2000 Sign On Bonus and a Relocation Assistance.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
The Behavioral Health Associate Clinician is a core member of the collaborative care team. Working with the patient’s medical provider, psychiatric consultant, and the larger primary care team, provides care coordination and brief intervention treatment, supporting patients on an assigned patient caseload.
Working under the direct supervision of an LICSW/LCSW, participates in diagnosis and treatment planning; coordinating treatment; providing proactive follow-up of treatment response; alerting the PCP when the patient is not improving; supporting medication management with psychiatric consultant; facilitating communication with the psychiatric consultant regarding treatment changes; offer brief treatment using evidence-based techniques such as motivational interviewing, behavioral activation, and problem-solving treatment.
- Screen and assess patients for common mental health and substance abuse disorders. Facilitate patient engagement and follow-up care.
- Evaluates and provides interventions to improve a patient’s cognitive, social, vocational, spiritual, and emotional functioning, utilizing natural and community supports when possible.
- Provides urgent/crisis evaluations, interventions, and safety planning.
- Together with consumer and natural supports, identifies key problems, strengths, and resources to be addressed in the treatment plan.
- Provide or facilitate in-clinic or outside referrals to evidence-based psychosocial treatments as clinically indicated.
- Participate in regularly scheduled consultation with the psychiatrist and communicate resulting treatment recommendations to the patient’s medical provider.
- Systematically track treatment response in a registry and monitor patients (in person, by video, or by telephone) for changes in clinical symptoms and treatment side effects or complications.
- Support psychotropic medication management with supervision of psychiatrist as prescribed by medical providers, focusing on treatment adherence monitoring, side effects, and effectiveness of treatment.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise noted)
- Masters’ degree in Social Work (MSW).
- A minimum of two years employment in a healthcare setting or community agency dealing with health, mental health, care management, and/or children and family/social welfare issues preferred.
- Understanding of, or experience in diagnosis and treatment of patients with complex mental health conditions preferred.
- WASHINGTON: Licensed Social Work Associate Independent Clinical (LSWAIC) required
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Interpersonal skills to obtain and interpret information appropriate to patients’ needs and age as required for assessment range of treatment, and patient care.
- Familiarity with DSM-5 diagnoses and best practice treatment interventions for a variety of behavioral health conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Knowledge and adherence to ethical guidelines for behavioral health clinical practice and NASW Code of Ethics.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and documenting in electronic medical records.
- Effective prioritization skills.
PHMG PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.