PeaceHealth is seeking a CNA2 - Medical for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
****Hiring bonus may be available****
Assists professional nursing personnel in providing quality, compassionate patient care by performing tasks involving direct and indirect patient care, using skills and knowledge in basic nursing assistant procedures and techniques under direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
- Assist in providing direct patient care as delegated by the Registered Nurse within the scope of the CNA licensure.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; applying dressings; recognizing and reporting signs and symptoms of common diseases or conditions; administering treatments as directed by a physician or nurse.
- Assist patient with personal care which may include: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; toileting assistance; eating and hydration.
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs.
- Documents relevant patient care data
- May provide clerical support to the unit; doing order entry, chart processing, answering telephones, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved Certified Nursing Assistant program required.
- Minimum of one year experience in an acute care facility preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification level as required by state or facility.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrates a courteous, caring, and understanding attitude towards patients, families, co-workers, visitors, volunteers, peers, and physicians.
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to function effectively and independently as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer, clerical, phone etiquette and customer service skills.
Oregon West Network:
- CNA level II certification required at time of hire (see exception for Peace Harbor Medical Center CNA II training program below).
OWN–Peace Harbor Medical Center:
CNA II Training Program:
- Oregon CNA level II certification required at time of hire, OR
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification-Oregon, AND
- Oregon CNA level II certification required following completion of approved CNA II training program sponsored by Peace Harbor Medical Center:
- CNA level II certification required within 7 days following training completion. Caregiver will be unable to work in unit until CNA level II certification is active.
- Minimum of one year related experience required.
Peace Harbor Medical Center:
- Additional Tasks for SSU/PACU and Medical Outpatient Services (MOPS) CNA2:
- Float between MOPS and SSU/PACU.
- Assist as EKG Tech for Outpatient Stress Testing (MOPS only).
- Weekend call (MOPS only).
PEACE HARBOR FLORENCE-PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more; hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.