*****5000.00 Sign on BONUS*****5000.00 Sign on BONUS*****5000.00 Sign on BONUS*****
PeaceHealth is seeking a Dietitian II for a Part Time, 0.60 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $28.34, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of nutrition care, consulting with other healthcare professionals as needed.
- Competent use of the Nutrition Care Process including: nutrition assessment, identification of nutritional diagnosis, implementation of appropriate nutrition intervention, and formulation of patient specific goals, monitoring, evaluation and follow up of outcomes.
- Using evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines to provide nutrition education to patients and families in the outpatient and/or inpatient settings.
- Provides consult services to other healthcare providers and participates in the interdisciplinary team. Uses evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines
- Documents in the EMR in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations.
- When appropriate, makes referrals to other services, agencies and community resources.
- Actively contributes to Quality/Process Improvement measures within the department and throughout the hospital including planning, implementing, and evaluating programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in program events, including information sessions, pre/postoperative weight loss groups, bariatric forums, and support groups
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree that meets Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) requirements
- Minimum of three years of experience in a related setting as a Registered Dietitian
- Current licensure/certification as required by State.
- Registered Dietitian Current Medicare provider status number may be required.
- Position may require valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Certified Diabetes Educator, or Certified Nutrition Support Clinician, or Board Certified Specialist in areas such as Oncology Nutrition, Renal Nutrition, Pediatric Nutrition, Sports Dietetics, or Gerontological Nutrition as applicable to work performed is required.
- Specialist certification in Obesity and Weight management issued by the Commission on Dietetic Registration required or must obtain within 12 months of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire
- Demonstrated skill in teaching adults of varying competency levels
- Must be able to design, implement, and evaluate instructional modules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with all a variety of departments and to work independently on numerous projects simultaneously
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.