PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacy Informatics Coordinator for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $60.77, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time)
Facilitates the provision of pharmaceutical care through the effective use of available information technologies; plans, develops, coordinates and updates Pharmacy Department inpatient and outpatient electronic information systems; ensures all systems are properly integrated; facilitates department distribution and clinical activities. Performs Pharmacist work.
- Provides all levels of service of a Pharmacist including staffing if necessary.
- Participates actively in teams with leadership to maximize department productivity both clinically and operationally. Advises the leadership team on technology matters relating to long-range planning, budgeting, and program development and needs assessment; maintains close communication with leadership to ensure effective advocacy of technology issues at the leadership level.
- Acts as Department Compliance Officer with responsibility to maintain compliance with all relevant regulations; responsible for interfacing with Patient Financial Services department to maximize reimbursement and to ensure timely and accurate billing from all department systems.
- Responsible for training in use of organization and department technologies; tracks performance and progress of caregiver, provider, and leadership understanding/usage. Provides progress reports on new hires and on-going competencies to appropriate leadership.
- Mentors Pharmacist Residents in their Pharmacy Informatics Rotations.
- Acts as an emergency back-up pharmacy manager when other pharmacy leadership are not available.
- Assists management in Continuous Quality Improvement processes including action management and Medication Utilization Review through expertise with all available data mining reports.
- Acts as primary department representative to information systems consultant; works closely with department leadership to ensure department goals are achieved through maximized IS talent and resources.
- Interfaces with leadership and caregivers outside the department, individually and as part of teams as required to support and maximize use of organizational and pharmacy technology.
- Develops policies and procedures for the effective and efficient use of departmental technology systems to include planning for appropriate backup contingencies in the event of system downtimes.
- Effectively coordinate personal, organizational, IS Consultant and vendor resources to troubleshoot system issues as they arise in the best manner possible.
- Tests all new systems and system updates to identify and report defects prior to implementation; communicates regularly with vendors of existing systems to maximize system utilization and to facilitate system improvements, enhancements or to resolve system defects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS is required. PharmD degree or RPhD degree from an accredited college of pharmacy is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in a hospital clinical environment; pharmacy information system experience.
- Currently licensed or able to obtain Registered Pharmacy License to practice pharmacy in the state which caregiver will be working.
- Practical experience in clinical pharmacy to manage technology as required.
- Knowledge of clinical processes and the impact of technology to the provision of Pharmaceutical Care required.
- Knowledge of pharmacology and issues related to appropriate and accurate dispensing of medication to patients.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to analyze/problem solve
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Computer skills to include ability to provide application of computer technology to a full-service health system pharmacy
- Ability to train staff
- Proven leadership ability
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- SEAR: Prefer working knowledge of pharmaceutical informatics for Pharmacy position.
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 25 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.