PeaceHealth is seeking an Information Security Associate
** Remote position. Candidate will live in Oregon, Washington, or Alaska by start date.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Participates in the evaluation and implementation of information security-related policies, procedures, standards, controls and technologies across PeaceHealth. Collaborates with team members and caregivers from adjacent departments, such as Information Technology (IT), Compliance, Legal, Privacy, Communications and Operations. Contributes to the successful delivery of project outcomes and administration of information security-related technology systems as directed by others. Collects and organizes detailed information to support reporting and presentation requirements.
- Participates in the implementation and operation of information security processes, policies, procedures, standards, systems and controls based on business and technical requirements.
- Analyzes data from information security technology sources, such as endpoint protection, intrusion detection, security event monitors and secure proxies, to identify potential threats and defend PeaceHealth against threats.
- Protects PeaceHealth’s information and information systems by analyzing public and private information sources.
- Collaborates with information security, technology teams and business stakeholders to respond to and remediate identified vulnerabilities and gaps in security controls, policies, procedures and standards.
- Effectively communicates, shares, and escalates relevant technical and non-technical issues within the team.
- Conducts information security assessment activities in collaboration with technical and non-technical teams across the organization.
- Assists and supports information security work groups, providing information for project management, scheduling, coordination, follow up, status reports and report outs.
- Assists with security-related investigations and other information security requests across PeaceHealth and updating information security team documentation.
- Promotes and implements information security education and awareness policies, procedures, standards and controls as directed. Provides support and assistance to caregivers across the organization related to information security related technology and programs.
- Gathers information related to reports and metrics (e.g., system/control metrics, status updates, risk assessment reports, remediation reports) to support information security measurement and reporting objectives.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Information Technology, or relevant field preferred. Equivalent knowledge, training, education, and/or experience may substitute for degree.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in information security, IT, compliance, or a related field required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS /ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently and manage day-to-day assignments with routine supervision and guidance.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to understand information in various forms such as textual, graphical and statistical.
- Ability to collect and analyze data to guide decision making while under potentially intense pressure to address security incidents.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members. a broad range of constituencies and respond to their needs and collaborate effectively towards solutions.
- Ability to work on matters of high sensitivity and confidentiality with both professionalism and discretion.
- Awareness of common information security tools, methodologies, frameworks, and regulations.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.