PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Nurse Team Lead - Medical 4 for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $38.23, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Assures professional nursing care is provided for all patients in clinical nursing unit according to established standards and practices. The Team Lead is a team member in a leadership capacity under the direction of the department leadership. The Team Lead assists in coordinating unit activities which assure optimal patient care. The Team Lead supports and directs staff members in providing compassionate care and services to patients and families. Independent decision-making is expected in the execution of routine duties.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Directs patient care activities on the unit for the shift by making/adjusting staff assignments that ensures optimal patient outcomes.
- Supervises and assesses clinical practice. Directs and delegates other team members. Coordinates staffing for the next shift.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required, BSN is preferred.
- Previous leadership experience is preferred.
- One year of recent (within the last 36 months) Registered nurse in progressive care/step down (intermediate level) experience required or currently oriented and can provide care independently within the department, required.
- Demonstrated competence in area of expertise.
- Prefer previous Telemetry experience.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirement, or upon hire.
- NIHSS Certification required within 120 days of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Demonstrated interest in staff development
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Basic computer skills
ST. JOSEPH – PHYSICAL/COGNITVIE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Work may involve exposure to hazardous medication and/or chemicals and sharp instruments.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.