PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinical Manager Oncology for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $50.24, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for leading and managing the daily and ongoing operations of outpatient oncology services. Ensure that each patient receives safe and compassionate care. Establish and maintain clinical standards of care for the Infusion Therapy nursing team. Oversee activities of the Medical Oncology clinic. Effectively plan, analyze, implement and evaluate clinical and operational processes and outcomes to assure quality, efficient and cost-effective patient services and care coordination.
- Responsible for the department’s daily functions including planning, developing, organizing, and controlling activities.
- Monitor and prioritize workflow. Ensure adequate staffing and effective utilization of resources.
- Manage, supervise, coach and train assigned staff including hiring, firing, and staff performance/competency evaluations.
- Ensure adherence to current regulatory, industry, quality and departmental standards, as well as policies, procedures and practice standards.
- Participate in budget preparation and manage services/costs appropriately to achieve financial targets and goals.
- Ensure adequate and safe equipment, supplies and facility to carry out the objectives of the program. Evaluate, recommend and implement new equipment, supplies and methods as appropriate.
- Responsible for the continual monitoring of the department’s measurements to ensure positive outcomes in cost, service and quality measures. Inform Director of significant issues.
- Promote and maintain a positive work culture of accountability, professionalism, stewardship and mission-driven service. Assess needs and arrange opportunities for staff learning and competency development, and document as needed.
- Verify accuracy of invoices before authorizing payment. Ensure appropriate business practices, including correct and timely documentation and billing for services.
- Liaison and facilitator with physicians, administration, external agencies and internal departments. Communicate effectively on all matters that require coordination among entities.
- Participate in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare or related field or equivalent level of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience required.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which the nurse will be practicing.
- CPR current certificate.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications
- Financial and budgetary experience
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
UGMC – in addition to above functions:
Manager is required to have a Bachelors or Masters of Science degree from an accredited school of nursing upon hire. Manager also has the Clinical responsibilities for Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Regional Infusion Center and Outpt Infusion Center. Works with the Office Manager to coordinate clinical management with operational initiatives.
UNITED GENERAL – PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing and sitting.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 20 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.