Job ID: 20675
Location: Longview, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
The PeaceHealth Behavioral Health department is seeking an experienced Psychiatrist for the Columbia Network Medical Director practice opportunity. This role will be clinical and and provide administrative leadership for PeaceHealth Southwest & St. John Medical Center and behavioral health clinicians integrated throughout the Columbia Network.
The Medical Director is an administrative management position, working closely with the Behavioral Health Units Leadership Team to ensure optimal performance of the clinical department regarding quality assurance, risk management, quality of service including patient access and satisfaction, and resource stewardship. In conjunction with the Network Behavioral Health Director, the Medical Director has the authority to direct and manage physicians and staff within the clinical department according to approved organizational plans and policies. Consider becoming a leader of this physician-centric department, and never compromise the values that brought you to medicine. The Medical Director reports and is organizationally accountable to the Medical Director of the Behavioral Health Service Line. This position will be situated at Longview and they will be responsible for the BHU in Longview, but will have Network-wide responsibilities across Columbia Network.
The Ideal Candidate:
Practicing with PeaceHealth:
What you'll love about the communities:
PeaceHealth Benefits & Culture:
Accountability of this role:
1. Assist in coordinating, supervising, and evaluating the provision of medical services within the Behavioral Health Service Line in the network. This includes Behavioral Health Integration, Outpatient, Acute (Emergency Psychological Services), Subacute Care, and Inpatient Care
2. Assist in the development, management, outreach, and budgeting of the Behavioral Health Programs/Departments within the network;
3. Ensure the Behavioral Health Program/Department operates in compliance with the policies, practices, and directions of Hospital and PeaceHealth; Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff, including without limitation the behavioral standards for Medical Staff; the standards and recommendations of Hospital’s accrediting body; applicable standards of relevant professional societies; and all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations;
4. Facilitate communication among the Behavioral Health Department, Medical Staff, Hospital Administration, and other relevant Hospital and ambulatory departments and staff;
5. Participate in the development and implementation of effective quality assurance and utilization review programs, including implementation of applicable PeaceHealth quality improvement initiatives and other specific deliverables;
6. Coordinate, supervise, mentor, participate in and evaluate the teaching of physician and non-physician professional staff within the Behavioral Health Program/Department;
7. Monitor HCAHPS results and participate in the development and implementation of improvement plans to enhance the overall patient experience;
8. Complete all records regarding Behavioral Health services as required by Hospital or its Medical Staff;
9. Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of state’s civil commitment laws, policies, procedures, regulations, and case law;
10. In concert with administrative leadership - develop, implement, and monitor the effectiveness of evidence-based protocols & standardized order sets for Behavioral Health services.
11. Facilitate and support innovation to develop fast, cost effective, and high-quality methods of delivering care;
12. Maintain close and highly collaborative relationships with Network CMO, Network Director of Behavioral Health Services, and Psychiatry Section Lead(s) to implement the Behavioral Health Service Line strategic vision.
13. In collaboration with the BH Network Director, represents the Behavioral Health Department within the Network in any collaborative discussion or conflicts/disagreements which arise;
14. In collaboration with the Network Director of BH Services, assist in the development, management, budgeting and financial performance of the BH service line Participates in System Service Line initiatives on a regular basis, including expected attendance at BH Collaborative meetings;
15. In collaboration with Section Lead(s), determine call and coverage schedule for all hospital-based services, including SJMC 3N and CL service; PHSW CL and EPS service; ADAPT; and any future hospital-based programs; to be finalized at least 6 months in advance;
16. Perform other duties relating to the Behavioral Health Program/Department as requested by the Behavioral Health Service Line Leadership Team.
For more information please apply today or contact Provider Recruiter, Lyndse Neppl: [email protected]
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.