The PeaceHealth Behavioral Health department is seeking an experienced Psychiatrist for the Columbia Network Medical Director practice opportunity. This role will be clinical and and provide administrative leadership for PeaceHealth Southwest & St. John Medical Center and behavioral health clinicians integrated throughout the Columbia Network.
The Medical Director is an administrative management position, working closely with the Behavioral Health Units Leadership Team to ensure optimal performance of the clinical department regarding quality assurance, risk management, quality of service including patient access and satisfaction, and resource stewardship. In conjunction with the Network Behavioral Health Director, the Medical Director has the authority to direct and manage physicians and staff within the clinical department according to approved organizational plans and policies. Consider becoming a leader of this physician-centric department, and never compromise the values that brought you to medicine. The Medical Director reports and is organizationally accountable to the Medical Director of the Behavioral Health Service Line. This position will be situated at Longview and they will be responsible for the BHU in Longview, but will have Network-wide responsibilities across Columbia Network.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Graduate from an accredited school of medicine and completion of residency training in psychiatry.
- MD/DO with a minimum of 7 years practice experience.
- Including 2+ years of clinical leadership experience, and 3+ years managing a hospital-based mental health/chemical dependency delivery system (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Demonstrated clinical abilities across the spectrum of Behavioral Health care, including integrated care (especially in the AIMS model); outpatient; intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization; consult-liaison and medical-surgical settings; and acute and long term inpatient psychiatric.
Practicing with PeaceHealth:
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center has a busy and highly respected consultation-liaison service, providing consults to medical/surgical inpatients and to our ED, and an outpatient clinic located nearby.
- PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center has a 22 bed inpatient psychiatric unit, active consultation-liaison service, and the outpatient clinic located nearby.
- Collegial group of psychiatrists and a multidisciplinary behavioral health teams throughout the Columbia Network
- A growing behavioral health department of 10 physicians, 2 nurse practitioners, psychologists, mental health counselors, pharmacists, medical social workers and enthusiastic ancillary staff who all have a longstanding PeaceHealth relationship.
- Schedule: 0.4 Clinical FTE Longview Outpatient Practice and 0.2 Clinical FTE Vancouver Consult & Liaison
- With 0.4 FTE for Administrative time. No call requirements.
What you'll love about the communities:
- Vancouver, Washington is in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area.
- Easy access to an abundance of recreational and cultural amenities including hiking, biking, skiing, water sports, fishing, fine dining, theatre, symphony and so much more.
- Longview, Washington is ideally situated between Seattle and Portland, Oregon, offering residents a rural lifestyle with year-round opportunities for recreation.
- Take advantage of no state income tax in Washington.
PeaceHealth Benefits & Culture:
- Guaranteed first year salary: $275,124.00
- Along with a generous employment bonus, relocation assistance, and educational loan reimbursement for those that qualify
- PeaceHealth provides fully paid malpractice insurance
- Three excellent health coverage options, plus vision, dental, retirement contributions, and supplemental options.
For more information please apply today or contact Provider Recruiter,
Brian Rasmussen: [email protected]
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.