PeaceHealth is seeking a Nursing Professional Development Specialist - Clinical Education for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Collaborates across clinical education, learning technology and development teams. Responsible for clinical education identification, program development and implementation using nursing theory, nursing clinical expertise, standards of practice, and adult education principles. Designs, organizes, implements, and evaluates educational programs that facilitate the professional growth, skill development, initial/ongoing competence, and attainment of standards of care for direct care providers. Actively collaborates with quality, safety and others on performance improvement activities to enhance patient safety, satisfaction, staff competence and standards of care. Facilitates identification of system-wide clinical excellence and simulation priorities and standards. Facilitates and Partners with multiple stakeholders on the development of annual competency and training from the needs assessment to evaluation process.
- Collaborates within and across the system with quality, performance improvement, safety, nursing leadership, specific clinical operational areas and others in defining clinical education opportunities.
- Designs, organizes, implements, and evaluates educational programs that facilitate the professional growth, skill development, initial, ongoing competence, and attainment of standards of care.
- Utilizes theory, clinical expertise, standards of practice, and adult education principles to design/plan, implement and evaluate impact of education activities. Incorporates evidence-based practice and or research findings into educational programs and activities.
- Supports system-wide teams by collaborating and designing the competency validation process, monitoring orientation progression and assisting clinical leadership to ensure competency management is documented per regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to complete annual needs assessments, and develops the plan, communication and materials needed.
- Partners with inter-professional stakeholders to develop standardized training strategies to meet clinical excellence related to patient safety, legal, regulatory, and practice gaps.
- Advocates for nursing professional development and interprofessional specialty development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Required unless otherwise stated
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing required
- Master of Science in Nursing or Education required
- Three years of previous experience in a specialty area in the acute care setting.
- Significant clinical education experience in a hospital setting.
- Experience in high-fidelity simulation preferred.
- TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer preferred.
- ANCC Board Certification in Nursing Professional Development preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of practice required.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator strongly preferred.
- Certification in nursing specialty preferred: (Such as: Adult/Critical Care Nursing (CCRN), Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN).
- Demonstrates a commitment to life-long learning; accepts personal responsibility for own professional development by setting annual goals for areas to increase knowledge and competence.
- Holds membership in professional/academic organizations - preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate teams and create and implement project plans in large, complex organizations.
- Models professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to work collaboratively with academic partners to support the student experience at PeaceHealth.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
- Ambulatory Appointed Position: Three years of previous experience in a nursing professional development role.
- Significant clinical education experience in an ambulatory setting.
- Work requires normal exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.