Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance may be available!
PeaceHealth is seeking a Social Worker - Behavioral Health for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
As an independent clinician and within the scope of practice, responsible for an advanced level of social work, providing psychiatric/medical evaluation and consultation, clinical risk assessments, care plan development, diagnosis of behavioral health conditions, care coordination, writing of orders for behavior management, assessment regarding need for consultation by psychiatry, care management and disposition planning. Has privileges granted by the Regional Medical Staff to function as a Licensed Independent Practitioner and must adhere to both the policies, privileges and procedures of PeaceHealth and Medical Staff governing documents, including but not limited to the Allied Health Professional Manual. As a Licensed Independent Practitioner, the SW LIP functions without a physician sponsor and assume the responsibility and liability for an independent practice.
- Provide consultation, assessment, diagnosis, care plans, assertive care management and disposition planning for patients with acute behavioral/medical health needs.
- Writes orders for behavior management with the exclusion of ECT and medications.
- Provides risk assessments (danger to self, others and/or grave disability) to all patients seen and determines need for continued hospitalization or disposition to community services. Works in collaboration with the attending provider and the medical care team. Arranges patient hospitalization, arranges for voluntary/involuntary evaluations when clinically indicated, obtains insurance authorization, and provides disposition planning.
- Coordinates patient throughput in the involuntary legal system and maintains level of expertise regarding regulations, the legal and mental health system.
- Acts as a physician extender for the psychiatrist and assigned departments. Assists in determining patient level of need and makes recommendations to the care team regarding need for psychiatric consultation, including possible need for medication management.
- Attends monthly department meetings and actively participates in continued efforts to best serve the needs of the behavioral health patients both at the medical center and in the community.
- Maintains legible, accurate and confidential medical records. Documents all evaluations, consultations, diagnoses, recommendations, treatment, care plans, disposition plans, referrals, outcomes and education according to established standards.
- Analyzes new knowledge gained from conferences, workshops, professional literature or “hands-on training” and assimilates this knowledge into clinical practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Must meet continuing education requirements as prescribed by the State to maintain license requirements for clinical practice.
- Previous professional Social Work experience with diagnosing and treatment of patient with mental illness is required.
- Minimum of one year experience or graduate placement in a medical setting.
- Competence in area of diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
- WA: Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker is required.
- Ability to be granted privileges as a Licensed Independent Practitioner and maintain active status as recommended by Medical Staff and approved by the Regional Governing Board.
- Familiarity with medical/psychiatric diagnosis/terminology and conditions as these impact acute care and discharge needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Must be highly capable of an advanced level, independent social work practice.
- Must have excellent organizational and critical thinking skills.
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.