PeaceHealth is seeking experienced RNs for full-time Night shift opportunities on the Telemetry unit at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. In this .9 FTE , you'll work three 12-hour day shifts in our 32 bed Telemetry nursing department. We offer:
- A Hiring Bonus
- Hourly compensation starts at $41.33 more depending on experience, plus additional pay for advanced degree and specialty certification
- Relocation Assistance is available
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes three medical plan options, PTO accrual from day 1, excellent retirement plan, generous tuition reimbursement, CE, and so much more.
- A non-profit mission driven healthcare system
- A hospital on the Magnet Journey
Located just 40 miles North of Portland, Oregon, St. John Medical Center is a 150-bed acute care medical center serving a population of appx 165,000 in Southwest Washington and surrounding Oregon communities. The Longview-Kelso area offers the best of both worlds, a peaceful lifestyle and natural beauty of a family-orientated community of 60,000, with close proximity to the Pacific Ocean, Mountains, and the urban amenities of both Portland and Seattle.
For additional information or question, please contact Lisa Wishard at [email protected]
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Details of the Position:
- Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required, BSN preferred.
- Washington State RN license and AHA Provider BLS Certification
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire.
- One year of experience as a registered nurse, or new grad hired through the new grad nurse residency program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy, and procedures
- Basic computer skills
LONGVIEW WSNA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.