PeaceHealth is seeking an RN Critical Access- Emergency Department for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Day position.
PeaceHealth Peace Island is a critical access hospital and medical clinic, providing high-quality health care services for those who live or work in, or visit, the San Juan Islands. The latest technology and highly qualified physicians and caregivers deliver safe, compassionate care.
Hiring bonus and relocation may be available.
- We offer comprehensive benefits and compensation package
- Relocation Bonus Available
The RN Critical Access is a team member who provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team.
Details of the Position:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- May coordinate admissions, discharges and transfers; communicates and prioritizes, and provides for patient privacy, exercises discretion and assures confidentiality at all times.
- Works collaboratively and professionally with the physicians and leadership in the delivery of patient care and problem solving within the department.
- Assures continuous patient care including, but not limited to, overseeing the stocking of supplies, medications, and patient care items; staff breaks and lunches; timeliness of patient flow throughout the department and ancillary departments.
- May perform limited x-ray examinations, point of care testing and other procedures as determined and will apply, appropriate infection control and radiation safety.
- Participates in quality and process improvement initiatives through gathering of data, staff education and monitoring utilizing the tools recommend by the organization.
- Ensure professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Will be required to perform patient transport functions.
- Will perform environmental services, security assistance and emergency response duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you Bring:
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program required.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum of two years recent experience as a registered nurse preferred.
- Minimum of two years recent experience in an Emergency Department or Urgent Care Setting preferred.
- Demonstrated competency to perform procedures as required.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Current ACLS certification required at date of hire.
- ENPC & TNCC must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
- Current WA Food Handler’s Card required at date of hire.
- Successfully completes the nonviolent crisis intervention course in orientation and renews training as outlined in policy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret clinic’s philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Ability to balance information regarding patient needs, staff needs, and medical center needs in decision making
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
Some postings may be for a training/residency position and the following criteria will apply to those postings: RN’s currently attached to a training or residency position within the department are eligible to apply.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Melissa, [email protected].
PeaceHealth offers outstanding Benefits!
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.