Take your career to the next level as a RN in the Neuro Unit at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center.
**$2500 Sign On Bonus for Experienced RNs**
We are looking to fill a full time, night shift position; 1830-0700. Hourly compensation starts at $42.59 or more depending on experience, plus generous differentials.
Our hospital is located Vancouver, Washington – look any direction and the scenery is astounding! Snow-capped mountains, nationally protected evergreen forests, the waterfall-laced Columbia River gorge, and rugged Pacific-coast beaches – all within a short 90-minute drive. The northwest is a dream come true for outdoor enthusiasts. And against that magnificent backdrop, Vancouver and neighboring Portland, Oregon offer all the best amenities of city living. What makes our area so special? A thriving arts scene, varied professional sports teams, unique neighborhoods, and a wealth of diverse culinary destinations.
- Current Washington RN licensure required by date of hire.
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers required by date of hire.
- RN experience required unless job is designated for the New Grad Residency Program.
- ACLS and NIHSS required within 6 months of hire.
- BSN preferred.
- CNRN preferred.
- Relocation package for candidates moving to the area.
- Starting wage of $42.59 an hour (more depending on experience).
- Great shift differentials (up to $6.25/hr).
- Additional pay for BSN, MSN, DPN and advanced certifications
- Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- PTO with no waiting period.
- Professional practice support.
- Collaborative team environment.
- Nursing care of ischemic, TIAs, and non-traumatic hemorrhagic strokes.
- Performance of NIHSS, nursing bedside swallow screen.
- Perform stroke patient education utilizing health literacy education principles.
- Familiar with stroke guideline driven stroke discharge medications
- Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards.
- Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day (to include inclement weather).
Would you like to find out more about our Neuro openings? Please contact Erica Carr, [email protected]
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
PeaceHealth is a non for profit, Catholic Health Care System with 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Washington, Oregon and Alaska. We value our communities and provide care in a holistic manner following our core values of respect, stewardship, collaboration, and social justice truly that are embedded in each and every caregiver working at PeaceHealth. Come join the team!
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.