This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 27149
Location: Bellingham, WA
Work Type: Part Time
Shift Length: Other
Benefit Eligibility: Part-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Sterile Processing Technician I for a Part-Time, 0.50 FTE, Evening position, 3p-11:30p every other Monday, and every Tuesday/Wednesday. Hourly compensation starts at $19.53, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for operating autoclaves and other equipment to clean, decontaminate and sterilize instruments and equipment, including power equipment as applicable. Also responsible for inspecting and assembling instruments, trays, and packs.
Details of the Position:
· Responsible for the coordination, assembly and distribution of supplies, equipment and instruments for surgical cases.
· Re-stocking inventory.
· Cleaning, decontaminating, disassembling and sterilizing instruments and supplies.
· Collaborates with the Perioperative Nursing staff to provide sterile instrument sets and equipment in an accurate and timely manner. Assist in maintaining consistent and continuous workflow, providing superior customer service.
· Operate a variety of sterilization equipment.
· Clean and maintain department equipment.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Completion of a National Central Service Technician course and/or six months experience as a Sterile Process Technician preferred.
· Certification from IAHCSMM as a Certified Registered Central Service Tech (CRCST), or certification from CBSPD as a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Tech (CSPDT) within one year of hire.
· Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
· Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications in English required.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. Employees of PeaceHealth embrace the spirit of these words and share our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, and are willing to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Melissa, [email protected].
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.