PeaceHealth is seeking a Nursing Professional Development Specialist - Clinical Education for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Leads education and nursing professional development across the health system in the acute care and ambulatory setting. Provides consultation in conducting needs assessment/gap analysis to identify interventions to address gaps in performance. Designs, organizes, implements, and evaluates educational programs that facilitate the professional growth, skill development, initial/ongoing competence, and attainment of standards of care for direct care providers. Actively collaborates with quality, safety and others on performance improvement activities to enhance patient safety, satisfaction, staff competence and standards of care. Facilitates identification of system-wide clinical excellence and simulation priorities and standards. Facilitates and Partners with multiple stakeholders on the development of annual competency and training from the needs assessment to evaluation process.
- Facilitates identification of system-wide clinical excellence and simulation priorities and standards.
- Conducts data analysis to identify opportunities for improvement where an educational intervention may elevate practice application and/or enhance knowledge, problem solving, and critical thinking to elevate safe patient care practices.
- Designs, organizes, implements, and evaluates educational programs that facilitate the professional growth, skill development, initial, ongoing competence, and attainment of standards of care. Includes implementation of order sets, policies, practices and procedures. Coordinates and facilitates simulation activities to achieve competency in identified areas.
- Utilizes theory, clinical expertise, standards of practice, and adult education principles to design/plan, implement and evaluate impact of education activities. Incorporates evidence-based practice and or research findings into educational programs and activities affecting actual bedside care/practice.
- Supports system-wide teams by collaborating and designing the competency validation process, monitoring orientation progression, and assisting clinical leadership to ensure competency management is documented per regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to complete annual needs assessments, and develops the plan, communication and materials needed.
- Partners with inter-professional stakeholders to develop standardized training strategies to meet clinical excellence related to patient safety, legal, regulatory, and practice gaps.
- Collaborates with operations and others to monitor practice and ensure changes are hardwired and patient outcomes are improving.
- Collaborates within and across the health system with quality, performance improvement, safety, nursing leadership, specific clinical operational areas, and others in defining professional growth and development opportunities to achieve performance standards.
- Advocates for nursing professional development and interprofessional specialty development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Required unless otherwise stated
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing required.
- Master of Science in Nursing or Masters in Education, Healthcare Leadership or Technology required.
- Two years of previous experience in nursing professional development role.
- Significant clinical education experience in a hospital setting.
- Experience in high-fidelity simulation preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of practice required
- ANCC Board Certification in Nursing Professional Development required within three years.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator strongly preferred.
- Certification in nursing specialty preferred.
- Demonstrates a commitment to life-long learning; accepts personal responsibility for own professional development by setting mutual goals for areas to increase knowledge and competence.
- Holds membership in professional/academic organizations preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate teams and create and implement project plans in large, complex organizations.
- Models professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to work collaboratively with academic partners to support the student experience at PeaceHealth.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Ambulatory Appointed Position:
- Three years of previous experience in a nursing professional development role.
- Significant clinical education experience in an ambulatory setting.
- May be a network assignment for population specific alignment with strategic operational growth and development with matrix reporting to nursing director.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.