PeaceHealth is seeking a Security Officer - Security Parking for a Per Diem/Relief FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.37, more depending on experience.
The Security Officer is responsible for providing safety and security services which requires regular interactions with patients, visitors, caregivers and clinicians in highly diverse and complex situations. Interacts with local law enforcement to provide information, clarification of events and coordinate emergency protocols. Performs internal and external security patrol of assigned hospitals and/or clinics; dispatch; and access control as assigned.
Details on the position:
- Provides safety and security services which includes; patrolling grounds, parking lots, buildings, securing entryways and exits, etc. to effectively address potential conduct issues, violations of policy, check for property damage, inspect safety issues, inspect certain safety features such as fire extinguishers or water valves, respond to all codes, address trespassing concerns, provide assistance with out of control patients, and utilizes electronic checkpoints.
- Provides stand-by service or escort services for protection of caregivers or patients as needed.
- Provides courtesy services such as providing directions, locksmith functions, jump-starts, changing flat tires, reporting vehicles with lights on, and assisting families in times of crisis.
- Provides non-violent physical crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques to neutralize extreme situations and mitigate negative outcomes.
What you bring:
- Minimum of two (2) years , military or civilian security or law enforcement experience is required.
- Healthcare facility security experience is preferred.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification upon hire.
- Valid state Driver’s License
- IAHSS (International Assoc for Healthcare Security & Safety) Basic certification required within 45 days of employment.
- If assigned location requires the use of tasers, successfully pass Taser Training Program. After successful completion of Taser Training Program officers will be required to carry the taser while on duty.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to formulate a plan of action, carry it out with control and apply crisis intervention and de-escalation skills
- Ability to perform data entry as necessary
- Good physical condition to walk, run and lift as needed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Teams, Word, and Excel
- Acceptable driving record in accordance with the PeaceHealth Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please email [email protected]
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.