***Hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available**
You chose to work in healthcare because you want a fulfilling career that will make a difference in others’ lives. If you’re looking for an opportunity to learn and grow in a mission-driven culture with a commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, choose PeaceHealth!
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, Washington is seeking a Cardiovascular Technologist - Cath Lab for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. This is a 40 hour/week, day shift position; four-10 hour shifts! Hourly compensation starts at $41.03, more depending on experience.
Uses a variety of specialized equipment in assisting the physician in the performance of all invasive procedures resulting in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac and peripheral vascular disease.
- PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center serves the North Sound region of Washington.
- Recognized for providing high quality cardiovascular care
- New hybrid OR anticipated to open this winter
- Our Vision is that every person receives safe, compassionate care; every time, every touch.
About the position:
- Assists physician in performing invasive procedures. Performs related radiographic/fluoroscopic imaging techniques to demonstrate catheter location, position, and document findings.
- Scrubs in for handling guide wires, catheter, administering contrast injections, and flushing catheters.
- Performs pre-procedural patient care activities.
- Monitors and records patient’s condition and procedures’ progress. Retrieves and reviews patient data.
- Prepares and maintains sterile field.
- Operates and maintains clinical equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduate from an accredited Cardiovascular Secondary Education Program or Graduate from an approved Radiology Technology Program or a combination of education and experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job and obtain required certification, licensure and registration.
- Prefer previous experience working in a hospital setting.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for a radiologic technologist.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Current ALCS certification must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Washington: RCIS required. In place of the RCIS, an ARRT is required. An ARRT requires the addition of an ARRT-CV within 1 year from the date of hire.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
What we offer:
- Hourly compensation starts at $41.03, more depending on experience.
- Outstanding benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
- Very generous paid time off with no waiting period
- Collaborative team environment
- A spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice
Relocating to Bellingham? Here are some reasons why you'll love it:
- No Washington state income tax
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Bellingham is known for its unique blend of abundant outdoor recreational opportunities, urban living, strong schools and great shopping and cuisine.
- Bellingham is located just 90 minutes north of Seattle and 30 minutes south of British Columbia, Canada.
For a full description of this position or for questions, contact Andrea, [email protected]
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.