***$10,000 sign on bonus! Relocation assistance is available***
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, Washington is seeking a Cardiovascular Technologist - Cath Lab for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $38.17, more depending on experience.
Uses a variety of specialized equipment in assisting the physician in the performance of all invasive procedures resulting in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac and peripheral vascular disease.
About the position:
- Assists physician in performing invasive procedures. Performs related radiographic/fluoroscopic imaging techniques to demonstrate catheter location, position, and document findings.
- Scrubs in for handling guide wires, catheter, administering contrast injections, and flushing catheters.
- Performs pre-procedural patient care activities.
- Monitors and records patient’s condition and procedures’ progress. Retrieves and reviews patient data.
- Prepares and maintains sterile field.
- Operates and maintains clinical equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduate from an accredited Cardiovascular Secondary Education Program or Graduate from an approved Radiology Technology Program or a combination of education and experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job and obtain required certification, licensure and registration.
- Prefer previous experience working in a hospital setting.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for a radiologic technologist.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Current ALCS certification must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Washington: In place of the RCIS, an ARRT is required. An ARRT requires the addition of an ARRT-CV within 1 year from the date of hire.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills required
- Complete understanding of vascular and related organ anatomy
- Ability to interact within a variable environment, good team dynamics
- Ability to multi-task and self-lead problem solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate precision and flexibility
For a full description of this position, contact Andrea, [email protected]
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.