PeaceHealth is seeking a Surgical Tech Robotics Coordinator - Operating Room for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $29.99, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Coordinates robotic support activities including scheduling of robotic procedures; purchasing new and replacement accessories and instruments; confirm availability of accessories and instruments for robotic procedures; provides and/or arranges training and continuing education. Responsible for assisting the surgical team during robotic operative procedures by performing a variety of technical duties to primarily assist with docking of the robot and the preparation and maintenance of the surgical sterile field for the operative patient.
- Manages the robotic surgery schedules by working with Centralized Scheduling, physician offices, and perioperative leadership to ensure availability of OR, OR time, providers, and robotic surgery team members.
- Orders and maintains ancillary supplies related to robotic surgery.
- Participates on the robotics team during surgical procedures.
- Serves as the surgical technologist expert in robotic surgical procedures and the liaison between vendors, surgeons, and perioperative services leadership.
- Maintains and updates OR/Hospital protocols related to robotic surgery.
- Responsible for researching and remaining current on best practices. Uses this knowledge to provider or arrange continuing education and training of robotic team members.
- Participates in data collection and management as well as quality outcomes projects.
- Participates as a member of the Robotic Surgery Committee, attending meetings regularly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise stated)
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program or recognized course of training as a Surgical Technologist.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a surgical technologist in a full service operation room.
- Robotic Surgery experience within the past two years.
- Demonstrated knowledge of an ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Registered Surgical Technologist or LPN license (required for Washington only)
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to coordinate activities and work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to execute detailed procedures with accuracy and precision.
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding of operating room protocols.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 50 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and bloody fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.