PeaceHealth is seeking a Inventory Control Coordinator - Supply Chain Operations for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.37, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for optimizing and maintaining control of supply and equipment inventory for the hospital storeroom or warehouse. Supports PARs and other stock locations may also apply depending on the location and scope of control.
- Completes daily stock inventory reorder reports and validating the recommended reorder quantities to assure accuracy. Evaluates reorder points and reorder amounts for all stock inventory items. Forecasts inventory tendencies to minimize stock-outs or over stock scenarios. Coordinates backorder / exception reports and confirmations, coordinates delivery timelines and substitutions. Assists with reviewing inventory add requests.
- Coordinates daily cycle counting or other quality assurance requirements and posting variances in system. Makes inventory adjustments within system and determines underlying cause of discrepancies and make corrections.
- Conducts physical inventory counts. Conducts routine inventory and PAR location evaluations.
- Ensures storeroom caregivers are trained in basic inventory and warehouse practices. Trains and supports customers.
- Coordinates with buyers on departmental and vendor returns to ensure accurate on-hand quantities and credits.
- Pulls vendor recalled items and corresponding lot numbers, documenting the removal of recalled items and coordinating the disposition and/or replacement of recalled items.
- Evaluates units of measure and conversion factors for stock inventory items and makes corrections as necessary
- Ensures that storeroom and PAR location labels are up-to-date. Identifies and removes slow movers. Works with distributor to establish supply usage and with purchasing to coordinate supply logistics.
- Coordinates the month end closing activities for the inventory control system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in healthcare supply chain or inventory control using information technology is required.
- Experience with an MMIS (Materials Management Information System) is required,
- Lawson / Infor experience is preferred.
- A basic knowledge of medical products required.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (including Excel and Outlook), experience with an MMIS. Comfortable with handheld scanner type technology.
- Good communication skills including verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, take responsibility and ownership.
- Self-direction and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to provide leadership to team mates and work with clinical, front-line caregivers as well as management.
- Detail oriented, problem-solving and decision-making skills required.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.