PeaceHealth is seeking a Financial Analyst Senior for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
This position can be performed fully remote. If telecommuting, PeaceHealth will provide the caregiver with necessary computer equipment. It is the responsibility of the caregiver to provide Internet access. Caregiver must reside in OR, WA, or AK.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides support to assigned internal customer’s business and operational needs, supporting and furthering their goals and priorities within the context of the goals and priorities of the organization and the mission and values of PeaceHealth. Responsible for providing credible and understandable financial analyses and guidance that enhance decision making of assigned internal customers. Collects, analyzes and prepares financial data, analyzes fiscal accounting and related systems, regulatory submissions, fiscal presentations for budget and reimbursement, and financial feasibility studies.
- Interprets results of clinical data to explain financial outcomes. Defines clinical and operational impacts. Translates operational impacts into financial components. Calculates financial implication to quantify data.
- Provides dissemination of financial information to promote clarity of understanding, effective operational decision making, and ensure an understanding of the financial ramifications of decision alternatives.
- Develops and monitors defined metrics that support regional and system wide parameters and in accordance with the planning calendar.
- Develops and maintains business partner relationships including a detailed understanding of the business units/programs being served as applicable.
- Provides ongoing financial and variation analysis that will assist management in enhancing operations.
- Performs data validation and process verification to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of reported information.
- Prepares special studies which analyze a specific part of the operations as directed.
- Completes projects to facilitate and enhances the decision making.
- Prepares and presents financial information to management as requested. Provides financial education as needed or requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field required.
- MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ progressive experience in an accounting or financial analyst role required.
- Experience in Healthcare is preferred.
- Familiarity with computerized accounting systems required.
- PC spreadsheet experience is required.
- CPA preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to act in a consulting capacity
- Ability to formulate and operationalize new concepts and ideas for improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple demands and short time frames
- Strong organizational skills and self motivated
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills and the ability to make objective assessments
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient level of technical expertise with various software applications and tools, i.e. Microsoft Suite, Internet browsers, and databases
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Provides financial planning support to assigned internal customers related to cost accounting and service line profitability
- Maintains cost accounting system and reports
- Analyzes, prepares and presents service line, cost accounting and/or detailed patient information and reports to management and/or senior leadership
- Provides training to cost accounting system users and ongoing customer services
- Experience in a medical group environment preferred.
- Develops and implements medical group reporting to meet operational data requirements of management
PHMG – PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.