PeaceHealth is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Specialist for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $25.78, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for performing repairs and maintenance to plant facilities which may include utilizing some or all of the following skills areas: carpentry, locksmith, painting and plastering, plumbing, minor mechanical/electrical repairs, lighting, and furniture/fixture installation.
- Performs repairs and maintenance. This includes: locksmith functions—maintaining building master key system and duplicate keys for various types of furniture and fixtures; maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing Access Card Systems; installing and maintaining equipment and managing database installing and repairing door hardware; installing and moving signage as needed; inspection/assessment, maintenance for roofs and drains; flooring and ceramic tile repairs and maintenance; installation of various types of fixtures (i.e. soap dispensers, bulletin boards, etc.); installation and moving of modular furniture, keyboard installations and changes for ergonomic issues; and painting and patch work.
- Coordinates contractor installs and repairs for all areas of responsibility.
- Performs cost estimates as needed in support of capital projects as well as for other materials and remodel projects.
- Works collaboratively with Employee Health and Safety (EH&S) to address safety issues. This includes: fall risk analysis and mitigate planning and implementation; incident investigation and risk mitigation; infection control leak team response.
- Assures compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Participates in maintenance and construction contractor/vendor selection and oversight.
- Participates in process improvement project planning support and execution in sensitive environments.
- Performs creative needs assessments and problem solving.
- Performs/participates in preventive maintenance inspection, correction and evaluation programs as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Post high school carpentry apprenticeship or other equivalent formalized training preferred.
- Minimum of five years of commercial carpentry/facilities maintenance experience or equivalent required including at least one year of related painting experience.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Good visual color discrimination.
- Good communication skills.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Responsible for performing routine maintenance on the physical plant stocking and delivering of materials and supplies to the appropriate unit.
- Will perform environmental services, security assistance and emergency response duties as needed.
- Successfully completes the non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) course during orientation and renews training as outlined in policy.
PIMC PHYSICAL COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 33-66% of the time.
- Ability to frequently lift objects weighing 50 lbs and occasionally lift 80 lbs. Must push/pull up to 100 lbs occasionally.
- Work requires occasional exposure to minor cold, outdoor elements, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp tools. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood or body fluids on rare occasion exists. Work may require operating company owned vehicles. Work may require exposure to lung or skin irritants.
- Job duties require intense concentration and attention to detail up to 80% of the time. May require on call availability 24/7.
- Work may require occasional use of PPE including respirator, mask, gloves, gowns. Must be able to bend/twist/stretch/squat, reach and climb ladders.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.