PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Palliative Care for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Assess, coordinate and provide palliative care services to chronically ill patients across the continuum of care.
Details of the position
- Coordinate palliative care referrals by rounding throughout the facility and physician offices to obtain referrals to include identifying patient's physical, psychosocial and cultural needs. Assist in obtaining community resources and equipment as needed. Assist in obtaining referrals to appropriate care agencies when requested by patient/family.
- Provide care planning/coordination to include complete initial and on-going assessment of palliative care patients. Effectively plan with appropriate members of the care team. Attend care conferences on specified units to assist in revising plans of care for patients. Maintain monthly telephone contact of palliative care patients to assess status, offer support, answer questions and give direction. Offer and assist in coordinating emotional and spiritual support.
- Provide education to new employees, volunteers, physicians, families, patients and nurses regarding palliative care services utilizing available education resources. Develop and implement activities including seminars, conferences, workshops, short courses, shows, public events and other related programs.
- Perform effective communication and documentation by: communicating and documenting coordinator interventions in accordance with standards; utilize recognized organization communication standard; keep abreast of and complying with departmental and organizational changes and events through reading appropriate communications and attend unit and assigned meetings.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness, investigate trends, recommend and implement modifications to improve program effectiveness
What you bring
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- Minimum one year hospice, homecare or other community services area nursing experience (or may have equivalent combination of education and/or experience).
- Experience educating and presenting to people with varied medical knowledge.
- RN Licensure in state of practice.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required upon hire.
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Licensed Nurse (CHPLN) preferred.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please contact Brian Hottel [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.