PeaceHealth is seeking a Buyer Lead - Supply Chain Operations for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $23.42, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for supply purchasing. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met, and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Ensures orders for supplies, equipment and services are placed and expedited as needed orders.
- Assists departments through purchasing processes.
- Partners with Contracting and Value Analysis on the maintenance of product standards and formularies by product type.
- Monitors PeaceHealth contracts, selects preferred vendors and coordinates paperwork to assure timely payment of invoices. Resolves pricing discrepancies as they arise.
- Coordinates product recalls, addresses product safety concerns and maintains documentation to meet FDA requirements.
- Communicates with customers in a timely fashion on supply issues.
- Submits new product requests, update pricing, update vendor agreements and requests new manufacturers/vendors to the data team for processing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in purchasing management or a business-related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in the staff role that the caregiver will be Lead over.
- Working knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Lawson Supply Chain experience is preferred.
- Certified Materials and Resource Professional or Certified Purchasing Manager is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete work in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions is required.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
SHARED SERVICES – PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.