PeaceHealth is seeking a Sterile Processing Technician for a full-time position at Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington. This is a 1.00 FTE working Variable shifts, 40 hours per week. We offer:
- Hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available.
- Hourly compensation is $18.30 - $32.11; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement and a successful wellness program that has helped position PeaceHealth as the #1 Healthiest Employer in WA.
- A mission driven culture that consistently demonstrates its core values of Respect for Individual Human Dignity and Worth, Stewardship, Collaboration and Social Justice.
Southwest Washington Medical Center is a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital that is part of PeaceHealth, a non-profit mission driven healthcare system. Located just across the river from the Portland [Oregon] metropolitan area, Vancouver is a great location where you can enjoy big city life or the serene countryside, with an abundance of recreational and cultural activities.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Responsible for operating autoclaves and other equipment to clean, decontaminate and sterilize instruments and equipment, including power equipment as applicable.
- Responsible for the coordination, assembly and distribution of supplies, equipment, and instruments for surgical cases.
- Re-stocking inventory.
- Cleaning, decontaminating, disassembling and sterilizing instruments and supplies.
- Operate a variety of sterilization equipment.
- Clean and maintain department equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS(Required unless otherwise designated)
- A minimum of three (3) months’ experience as a Sterile Processing Technician requiredORone of the following will be considered:
- Three (3) month’s experience as a Veterinary Technician, Dental Technician, Surgical Support Aide or or other medical related technician role whose responsibilities included cleaning, decontaminating, and sterilizing surgical instrumentation.
- Completion of a Sterile Processing Technician Course
- CRCST/CBSPD certified.
- Certification from IAHCSMM, CBSPD, or other nationally recognized certifying body required within one year of hire
- Basic computer skills & demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications in English required
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time with ability to push and pull carts exceeding 100 lbs. unassisted at times.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants extreme cold or heat sharp instruments or, dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Ability to stand on feet for the duration of any scheduled shift; ability to stoop and bend consistently without restrictions.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.