PeaceHealth is seeking a Assistant Nurse Manager - OB GYN for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $50.24, more depending on experience.
The position is responsible for providing managerial assistance to the Nurse Manager. This position is directly accountable to the Nurse Manager and is responsible for support in the following areas: hiring; staffing and scheduling; orientation; performance assessment; budget monitoring; maintaining and establishing patient care standards; policies and procedures.
Details of the Position:
- Demonstrates compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse Practice to provide individualized, safe and efficient care to patients and assistance to their families and visitors. Proactively implement measures to promote a safety climate on the unit, considering the inter-relationship of people, tools and environment in which are is provided.
- Provide leadership, management and communication skills to department.
- Assist Nurse Manager in planning, recommendation, and implementation of clinical service delivery. Recommend policy changes which enhance nursing ability to achieve top quartile performance.
- Assist Nurse Manager with the staff supervision, counseling and documentation of personnel actions.
- Assist Nurse Manager with the evaluation of work performance and performance assessments.
- Promote, establish and maintain open communication.
- Assist Nurse Manager with budget monitoring.
- Assist with the supervision and direction of the department Clinical Educator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you Bring:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN Required.
- Minimum of three years applicable nursing experience required.
- Two years of supervisory/leadership experience in health care organization preferred.
- Financial and budgetary experience.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS and/or ENPC may be required.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Melissa, [email protected].
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.