PeaceHealth is seeking Surgical Technologists for the OR at Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington. **$10,000 Sign-On Bonus** We currently have full-time and part-time positions available to join our team in our 18 Suite OR.
- 8, 10, and 12 hour shifts available
- Days, Evenings, and Night Shift opportunities available
- The latest technology that includes 2 new XI DaVinci robots and a MAKO robot for total knees and hips.
- 18 state-of-the-art surgery suites that include 2 open heart surgery suites and an additional Hybrid OR Suite.
- Surgeries that include open heart, trauma, neuro, ortho, vascular, thoracic, plastics, robotics, ENT, eyes, and general surgery.
We offer you:
- A $10,000 sign-on bonus & Relocation Assistance
- Hourly compensation starts at $25.10 (July 1st increases to $25.85), more depending on experience, shift differentials, and additional pay for CST
- A comprehensive, employee focused benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement and a successful wellness program that has made PeaceHealth as the #1 Healthiest Employer in WA.
- A mission driven culture that consistently demonstrates its core values of Respect for Individual Human Dignity and Worth, Stewardship, Collaboration and Social Justice.
Southwest Washington Medical Center is a non-profit, 450-bed tertiary-level hospital. Located just across the river from the Portland, OR metropolitan area, Vancouver, WA is a central location where you can take advantage of city amenities or the lush landscape, with easy access to numerous recreational and cultural activities. An ideal location for foodies and outdoor enthusiasts alike, and just a short drive to the charming coastal towns along the Pacific Ocean.
For additional information or complete job description, contact Lisa Wishard at [email protected] or 360.414.2186.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- This position is responsible for assisting the Surgical team during operative procedures by performing a variety of technical duties to primarily assist in responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the surgical sterile field for the operative patient.
- Arrange and inventories sterile set-up for operation and passes items as needed to the surgical team.
- Understand and apply the principles of asepsis. Establish and maintain sterile field and assure team maintains sterile environment.
- Assist in preparation and moving of patients.
- Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instrumentation. Assists with clean-up and room turnover.
- Access computer information as needed, such as preference lists and digital images.
- Participates in all safety initiatives, adheres to programs such as SCIP and SCOAP quality initiatives.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology school or recognized course of training as a Surgical Technologist required.
- WA State Surgical Technologist Registration
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
Southwest Physical/cognitive requirements:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.