PeaceHealth is seeking candidates for an Assistant Nurse Manager position for the Medical nursing unit at St. John Medical Center. This is a full-time, 1.0 FTE exempt, that will work four 10's, variable hours. This role will provide leadership in collaboration with the Nurse Manager for our 32 bed Medical unit.
St. John Medical Center is a 150-bed acute care medical center with a level III trauma center, located just 40 miles North of Portland, Oregon. The Longview-Kelso area offers the best of both worlds, a peaceful lifestyle and natural beauty of a family-orientated community of 60,000, with close proximity to the Pacific Ocean, Mountains, and the urban amenities of both Portland and Seattle.
- Relocation Assistance
- A comprehensive Benefits package
- A mission driven, non-profit, healthcare system
- A great collaborative nursing leadership team
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
The position is responsible for providing managerial assistance to the Nurse Manager. This position is directly accountable to the Nurse Manager and is responsible for support in the following areas: hiring; staffing and scheduling; orientation; performance assessment; budget monitoring; maintaining and establishing patient care standards; policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse Practice to provide individualized, safe, and efficient care to patients and assistance to their families and visitors. Proactively implement measures to promote a safety climate on the unit, considering the inter-relationship of people, tools, and environment in which are is provided.
- Provide leadership, management, and communication skills to department.
- Assist Nurse Manager in planning, recommendation, and implementation of clinical service delivery. Recommend policy changes which enhance nursing ability to achieve top quartile performance.
- Assist Nurse Manager with the staff supervision, counseling, and documentation of personnel actions.
- Assist Nurse Manager with the evaluation of work performance and performance assessments.
- Promote, establish, and maintain open communication.
- Assist Nurse Manager with budget monitoring.
- Assist with the supervision and direction of the department Clinical Educator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN required or actively enrolled in a program with a targeted graduation date within 2 years of date of hire.
- Minimum of three years applicable nursing experience required.
- Two years of supervisory/leadership experience in health care organization preferred.
- Financial and budgetary experience.
- WA State RN licensure
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS and/or ENPC may be required.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively implement change
- Ability to lead applying a servant leadership model
- Ability to adapt instructional methods to match the learning styles, education and training plan to support caregivers with professional development.
- Knowledge and application of tools for quality & safety (e.g. A3, 5S).
- Ability to monitor patient and unit level outcome to achieve top quartile performance.
- Ability to apply interventions at patient and unit levels which promote evidence-based practice, staying current with nursing literature
- Demonstrates holistic nursing care, incorporating body, mind and spirit in patient’s need for care.
- Models the core values and standards of behaviors while promoting organizational strategies using the Leadership Model.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications.
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.