PeaceHealth RiverBend Medical Center in Springfield, Oregon is seeking a Radiology Technologist for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Night position. This position will be scheduled every weekend. PeaceHealth offers competitive compensation and outstanding benefits!
Prepares for and performs standard x-ray examinations and may perform fluoroscopic procedures. Performs portable examinations and may perform surgical x-ray procedures. Utilizes proper positioning and selection of appropriate technical factors using various radiographic equipment to obtain optimal results.
Details about the position:
- Prepare, supply, and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Performs x-ray examinations applying appropriate infection control and radiation safety measures.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self-patient, and visitor. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
- May perform surgical x-ray examinations, will utilize appropriate radiation safety measures and adhering to AORN standards.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience, and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program required.
- Minimum of one year of experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development, and life stages to meet each patient’s need.
- Demonstrated venipuncture competency.
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
- ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
- Registered with the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI). Must maintain active registry with the state of Oregon OBMI.
- ARRT eligible, ARRT(R) certification required within 6 months of hire. May work under OBMI Temporary license pending ARRT certification.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones, copier, facsimiles, computers, etc.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
About the community:
Springfield is located at the southern end of the Willamette Valley, also known as Oregon wine country. Two rivers run through the community, the Willamette River, and McKenzie River. Bike, walk or run the Middle Fork Path along the Willamette river, or spend the day fishing on the McKenzie river. Springfield has a flourishing downtown and fast becoming a must visit for its culinary experience! Immersed in art, take the outdoor mural tour, or stay inside at the Emerald Art Center. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
For a full description of this position or for questions, contact Andrea, [email protected]
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.