PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Operating Room for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position to provide professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team. Hourly compensation starts at $41.39, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
**Hiring Bonus & additional relocation assistance available**
CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
Attention Operating Room RNs Looking to Relocate to the Beautiful Willamette Valley! Are you looking for your next adventure? Do you believe each patient deserves safe, evidence-based, and compassionate care? If so, Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend in Springfield, Oregon might be the place for you! Our hospital is located alongside the beautiful McKenzie River (hence Riverbend!). Only minutes away from University of Oregon, you’ll experience the great combination of living near the city while taking in the fresh air and plush greenery the Pacific Northwest. Join the surgery team in our 25 state-of-art Surgery Suites performing ortho, neuro, vascular, thoracic, general, plastics, ENT, eyes, GYN, GU, robotics, and open heart surgeries at our level II trauma center hospital.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Nurses may be able to work in another nursing unit within Sacred Heart Medical Center UD and RiverBend provided that they have completed the necessary CareConnect training, unit specific competencies and have been deemed competent by a leader of the unit. Including but not limited to the unit manager, assistant nurse manager or clinical nurse educator they are floating to.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year operating room circulating experience in acute care setting is required.
- Ability to independently scrub and circulate major cases in full service preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing at date of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS certification may be required.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator, and mask.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Relocation Assistance
- Starting wage of $41.39 an hour (more depending on experience).
- Great shift differentials (up to $7.50/hr)
- Additional pay for BSN, MSN and advanced certifications
- Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- PTO with no waiting period.
- Professional practice support.
- Collaborative team environment.
PeaceHealth is a non for profit, Catholic Health Care System with 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Washington, Oregon and Alaska. We value our communities and provide care in a holistic manner following our core values of respect, stewardship, collaboration, and social justice truly that are embedded in each and every caregiver working at PeaceHealth. Come join the team!
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.