PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Complex Care Manager Lead - Care Mgmt for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $41.49, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
*** $5000.00 Sign-On Bonus *** *** $5000.00 Sign-On Bonus *** *** Relocation assistance may be available for this position.
Spotlight on St John Medical Center: https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5685
Recently named one of Forbes Magazine’s prettiest American cities and a Tree City USA, is Longview Washington, an ideal location on the Columbia River and next to beautiful forests is just 40 miles north of Portland, Oregon, 2 hours south of Seattle, and a short drive to the beautiful Pacific coastline and year-round adventures on Mt Hood, Mt Rainier, Mt St Helens and Mt Adams. Here and in the other Lower Columbia communities served by PeaceHealth, you can enjoy the familiarity of small-town life, the challenge of working in a first-class regional medical facility, and the fun of living close to the beach, close to the mountains, and close to the big-city attractions.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
Oversees and evaluates coordination of integrated population management across selected populations to improve clinical and financial outcomes. Develops care management programs addressing a wide scope of health care needs and conditions in partnership with physicians, health care professionals and patients. Identifies, coordinates, and case manages a panel of clinically high-risk complex patients and provides oversight for caregivers who manage patients at moderate or low risk.
Details of the position:
- Assign work; plan and manage priorities, provide technical assistance, oversee staff schedules, monitor quality of work, monitor team projects, mentor staff, provide constructive feedback, oversee staff training, ensure quality improvement, provide leadership feedback on staff performance, and assist with goal setting for the team.
- Accountable for development and continuous evaluation and assessment of population management programs, tools and delivery of care coordination services. Collaborates with system and regional leadership to optimize processes and metrics.
- Risk-stratifies patients according to protocols, assesses patient data, and works within interdisciplinary care team to assess patient’s physical, cognitive, emotional and behavioral status as well as social and financial support systems.
- Works with patients and families to create and implement a care plan that meets identified needs and incorporates services that improve outcomes. Adjusts care plan to patient activation and risk levels through ongoing monitoring of patient.
- Delegates and oversees the care management of lower-risk patients as well as routine chronic disease population management tasks to assigned caregivers.
- Tracks, evaluates, and provides oversight for transitions of care, synchronizing “warm handoffs” between the clinic and hospitals, emergency departments or care facilities. Facilitates and ensures the sharing of information across people, functions, and sites.
- Demonstrates leadership, mentorship and teamwork within dedicated care teams including clinicians, chronic disease care coordinators, medical assistants, pharmacists, social workers and others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Clinical background and experience with Care Coordination, Chronic Care Management, and/or Transitions of Care. Cardiology, Pulmonology and ICU experience is a plus.
- Previous team lead experience and coaching experience
- Process improvement track record
- Motivational Interviewing experience
- Strong computer skill including MS Office
What you bring:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as RN Complex Care Manager or equivalent role.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure as required by State to practice.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS may be required within a standard grace period from hire or transfer period, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Care Management certification within two years of hire preferred.
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Interpersonal skills to obtain and interpret information appropriate to patients’ needs and age as required for assessment range of treatment, and patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and supervise the performance of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to provide training, mentorship and development to clinic staff.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
- Effective prioritization skills
PHMG PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Melissa, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.