PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Clinical Liaison Home Health for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Day position.
In addition to a competitive hourly wage, excellent benefits, PeaceHealth offers a supportive and inclusive work environment with an emphasis on life balance.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position serves as the liaison between health care providers to ensure continuity of care for patients transitioning from the hospital to PeaceHealth Home Health. The RN Home Health Clinical Liaison serves in a consultant role, acting as an advocate for home health care. The Liaison provides education and support and is responsible for establishing, growing and maintaining relationships with the hospital, in accordance with PeaceHealth policies and procedures. Communicates with existing referral sources and identifying new opportunities at PeaceHealth hospitals.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
- Maintains and builds existing referral base relationships by serving as a resource for education. This includes providing in-services to hospital staff, inpatient and outpatient rehab, physicians, and patients and families regarding Home Health services utilizing available education resources.
- Evaluates referrals received for home health and discuss the care plan with physicians, nurses, case management, patient and family. This includes interfacing with hospital and other RN Care Managers to coordinate care and discharges for complex patients. Assists with discharge planning activities by identifying patient's physical, psychosocial and cultural needs. Provides resources appropriate to patient’s clinical needs.
- Performs effective communication by documenting coordination interventions during hospitalization in accordance with standards.
- Provides information to patients and family members, on home health services. Visits the patient onsite, reviews the physician order, assesses the patient’s clinical needs and gather clinical information.
- Participates when appropriate in care conferences, huddles and weekly meetings regarding new home health referrals. Participates and understands goals of the hospital metrics in order to meet expectations.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of related nursing experience.
- Home Health care experience preferred.
- Previous care management, discharge planning or hospice care placement experience preferred.
- Current RN licensure in state of practice required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent analysis/problem solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Excellent computer skills with technical knowledge of computer applications.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation and teaching skills.
- Current knowledge of patient care practices within home health.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams (providers, nursing and all other staff).
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please contact Brian Hottel; [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.