PeaceHealth is seeking a Scribe for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.00, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for performing all clerical and information technology functions for the physician during patient visits in the clinic. This includes primary responsibility of the operation of the electronic health record and electronic dictation system. Required to anticipate physician needs to facilitate the flow of clinic. Must be discreet, tactful, and modest in performance of duties so as not to distract medical staff from patient care.
- Accompanies physician/provider during the patient examination in order to transcribe in the medical record (EMR) the nature of the patient visit. This includes accurately and thoroughly documenting medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician.
- Collect, organize and catalog data for physician quality reporting system and other quality improvement efforts and format for submission. Assist in developing and maintaining systems to track patient follow up and compliance.
- Perform dictation/faxing/phone calls and other related clerical tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise stated)
- Some pre-med college courses required.
- Completion of an anatomy and/or medical terminology class preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of healthcare experience in a hospital or clinical environment preferred.
- Certification through an accredited Medical Scribe Program preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Recognition of the physical exam process and ability to record exams in detail.
- Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Legible handwriting and ability to accurately record information.
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families.
- Ability to multi-task.
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time, including prolonged periods of standing.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.