PeaceHealth is seeking a Part-Time Pre Surgery Coordinator Lead for a 0.80 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
Responsible for assisting physicians, physician assistants and nurses in the scheduling of surgical procedures and tests for patients. Will perform duties of Patient Access Rep as needed.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities; provides technical assistance; oversees staff schedules; monitors quality of work; monitors team projects; mentors staff; provides constructive feedback; oversees staff training; ensures quality improvement; ensures compliance with policies; provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Supports patients and families in understanding the course for pre-operative preparations and testing.
- Completes the scheduling process by coordinating patient, surgery department (hospital and ambulatory surgery center), managed care, physician offices and pre-admission testing needs. This includes communicating with hospital surgery scheduling department to assure hospital scheduling system is accurate. Ensures the process is completed for patient in a timely manner ahead of surgery date.
- Schedules pre-op visits, surgery and post-op visits as required.
- Arranges cases to assure maximum effectiveness of surgeon and assistant surgeon or midwife.
- Coordinates with PFS to inform patient of financial responsibility, including prior authorization of procedures.
- Perform duties of a Patient Access Rep as needed. Assists and backs up support areas as needed/applicable (i.e. financial counseling for patient insurance coverage pre-authorization).
- May be responsible for reviewing electronic chart transcription to support the goals of helping lower risk management situations, allowing procedures to be scheduled in a timely manner and to provide cases to be managed in the computer programs designed to prevent missed appointments, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Medical terminology required.
- Minimum of two years of Pre-Surgery Coordinator or similar type role required.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Experience in CareCast/EPIC is preferred.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Courteous, professional, customer service and mission oriented attitude.
- Proficient typing skills required.
- Advanced computer knowledge including Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with scheduling programs required.
PHMG PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.