PeaceHealth is seeking a Certified Pastoral Educator - Clinical Pastoral Education for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
The ACPE Certified Educator (Association of Clinical Pastoral Education) is responsible to conduct Clinical Pastoral Education under the accreditation of the ACPE. Develops curriculum, recruits students, supervises students’ clinical experience, provides educational opportunities, and evaluates students. Works in collaboration with Mission Service leaders to promote and integrate the mission and formation programs locally. Cooperates with PeaceHealth ACPE Certified Educators, Spiritual Care and Mission Service leaders in the planning and administration of CPE across the System. Engages and participates with the regional and national ACPE to maintain program accreditation and educator’s certification status.
- Develops an education program that emphasizes student-centered learning and mutual respect.
- Conducts admissions interviews and communicates admission decisions.
- Designs and implements curriculum for student-centered learning.
- Provides coaching and supervision of students; assigns, reviews, and comments on students’ written materials in a timely manner.
- Evaluates the students’ personal and professional functioning, writes evaluative reports in accordance with ACPE standards, and completes ACPE registration forms for students who complete their program.
- In consultation with the chair, facilitates and attends meetings of Pastoral Care and Education Advisory Committee to inform members of the educational activities and receive advice about maintaining standards of excellence in the CPE program.
- Maintains ACPE standards for accreditation of Clinical Pastoral Education program.
- Collaborates with the institution’s Manager of Spiritual Care or other designated administrator to provide pastoral care coverage and participate in other spiritual care programs as assigned.
- Ensures education provided is within the context of the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic health care and the Mission and Values of PeaceHealth and Pastoral and Spiritual Care Services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Theology, Divinity or a closely related area of study required.
- A minimum of four units of CPE.
- At least one unit of ACPE Certified Educator CPE.
- Certified as an ACPE Certified Educator or provisionally certified within four years of hire by National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC) or Association of Clinical Education (ACPE).
- Endorsement from faith group authority.
- Current or prior board certification as a chaplain preferred.
- Basic Life Support and CPR certification preferred.
- Five years of spiritual care experience required.
- Experience supervising students preferred.
- Experience in chaplain leadership preferred.
- Skill in developing and implementing an ACPE curriculum.
- Professional competency in writing and speaking communication skills.
- Ability to share personal faith/spiritual journey and experiences and to reflect theologically on spiritual care ministry.
PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.