PeaceHealth is seeking a Registered Nurse for the Recovery Room at Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington. This is a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day shift position working four 10-hour shifts each week in our 17 bay Recovery Room.
- Hourly compensation starts at $42.59, more depending on experience, degree, and specialty certification
- Relocation Assistance
- A non-profit mission driven healthcare system
- A hospital on the magnet journey
Southwest Washington Medical Center is a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital, located just across the river from the Portland [Oregon] metropolitan area. Vancouver is a great location where you can enjoy big city life or the serene countryside, with easy access to an abundance of recreational and cultural activities.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum 2 years recent Recovery Room, ICU, CVICU or Critical Care Float experience.
- 3 years Recovery Room, ICU, CVICU, Critical Care Float nursing experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- WA State RN Licensure required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 1 year of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy, and procedures
- Basic computer skills
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day (to include inclement weather).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.