PeaceHealth is seeking a 'Manager Environment of Care/Safety for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Manages the coordination of the activities of the safety and emergency management department for the assigned network with responsibility for results including costs, methods, and staffing. Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Responsible for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the safety and emergency management programs and ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws and accrediting bodies. Serves as operational manager of the Regional Safety and Preparedness Program through coordination of individual and committee efforts and informs administration and governing body of important safety, emergency and preparedness issues.
Details of the Position
- Manages the facility environment of care and safety programs development, implementation and oversight to ensure the safety of patients, caregivers, and visitors, including regulatory oversight of the program for compliance with applicable federal, state, local and accrediting bodies and consistent with policies and procedures.
- Manages policy and procedure development, implementation and assessment of effectiveness in relation to the facility environment of care and safety program.
- Works to reduce the risk of system or process failures as a result of effective assessments, gap analysis, and action planning.
- Facilitates the integration of facility regulations into all relevant network processes, functions, and services.
- Assures immediate response to system or process failures, including care, treatment, or services for individuals, containing risk to others, and preserving factual information for subsequent analysis to further reduce risk or harm to others.
- Assures hazardous surveillance inspections, investigations, monitoring, reviews and surveys as required. This may include coordination of any onsite visits, governing bodies or in-house self-audits.
- Serves as community liaison representing hospital and medical group during local, county, regional and state planning and response activities. Designs, conducts, and documents emergency management drills, and exercises and facilitates appropriate response to actual events.
- Acts as primary contact for assigned network on county, state and regional councils/committees focusing on emergency management, public safety, emergency communications or other emergency service functions. Ensure compliance with state laws, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and regulatory bodies governing the emergency management program.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job.
- Appropriate additional coursework including Federal Emergency Management Agency Courses
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Healthcare Safety or Environmental Safety, Safety Program Management and Emergency Preparedness.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience.
- Previous experience with proven program management skills in the safety and emergency preparedness field.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP), Certified Patient Safety Officer (CPSO), or similar professional safety related certification highly preferred.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, contact Kelly, [email protected]
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.