PeaceHealth Peace Island Medical Center in Friday Harbor, Washington is seeking a CT Technologist for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $36.44, more depending on experience, plus a per diem differential!
Performs all routine and specialized CT procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.
Details about the position:
- Prepare, supply and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Operates CT scanner for data acquisition, reconstruction and documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self-patient, and visitor. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
- Performs interventional procedures applying knowledge of equipment, supplies, and AORN standards.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program required.
- One year of recent Radiology Tech and CT experience preferred (within the last 36 months).
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development, and life stages to meet each patient’s need
- Demonstrated venipuncture competency
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
- EPIC RIS, FUJI and IntelliSpace PACS experience is preferred.
- ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist is required.
- Advanced ARRT (CT) certification is required within one year of hire.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones, copier, facsimiles, computers, etc.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
About the community:
Located in the Salish Sea off the northwest coast of Washington State, San Juan Island is the largest of the many islands in the world-famous archipelago of the same name. 7,000 permanent residents share this 55 square mile natural paradise and enjoy year-round the many land and water based recreational opportunities that support the tourist-based economy. Connected to the mainland by ferry and airlines, island living combines a cohesive small-town community with comprehensive services and commercial diversity unusual in a rural setting. Friday Harbor, WA, the “Gateway to the San Juan Islands,” is a charming, historic and walkable seaport that boasts friendly shops and restaurants, visual art, theater and musical events, and of course, opportunities for outdoor adventures. The community has a comprehensive library, a state-of-the-art theater that features diverse performing arts, many wonderful restaurants, an historical museum, two national parks, miles of public shoreline, and a vibrant agricultural community. Local schools are unique learning communities with growing economic and ethnic diversity, high levels of parent and community involvement and strong voter support for levy and bond measures.
For a full description of this position or for questions, contact Andrea, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.