PeaceHealth is seeking a Cook - Nutrition Services for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.38, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for using HACCP guidelines for safe food handling to plan, prepare and cook food according to recipe and production standards to support the hospital patients, medical staff, caregivers, volunteers, and visitors.
- Accurately follow and prepare recipes.
- Prepare hot and cold food according to the recipe and following production and food styling guidelines taking into consideration customer/patient counts.
- Maintain proper food handling techniques. Properly clean and sanitize workstation according to safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Organize, calculate, and produce food production.
- Maintain appropriate records according to regulatory and departmental standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as cook in a hospital or full service kitchen preferred or combination of experience and formal culinary training that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job will be considered.
- Valid Food Handlers Permit on file with Food Service Department.
- Culinary certificate preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation
- Ability to work well with others
- Proficient in MS Office applications
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
St. John Medical Center
- Two years previous experience cooking in an institutional or full-restaurant-style service is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation is required.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.