PeaceHealth Peace Harbor Hospital in Florence, Oregon is seeking a Nuclear Medicine Technologist - Radiology for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $40.09, more depending on experience.
*** We are currently offering a $5,000 Sign On Bonus, and relocation assistance is available! ***
Perform all routine and specialized nuclear medicine procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.
Details about the position:
- Prepare, supply and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provide patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self, staff and patient. Evaluates patient for pregnancy and/or breastfeeding prior to exam as indicated.
- Operates computer and nuclear medicine equipment for data acquisition, reconstruction and documentation of images and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Prepares, calibrates and administers radiopharmaceuticals according to protocol.
- Maintain records of receipt, dispensing and disposal of radioactive materials. Maintain records of equipment quality control, radiation monitoring and surveys.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with caregiver’s scope of practice, training, experience and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduate of accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology program or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year prior experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth, development and life stages to meet each patient’s need.
- Demonstrated venipucture competency.
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required. ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Registered with the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI). Must maintain active registry with the state of Oregon OBMI.
- NMTCT or ARRT eligible; CNMT or ARRT(NM) certification required within 6 months of hire. May work under OBMI temporary license pending certification.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
About the community:
Florence is located on the Oregon Coast at the mouth of the Siuslaw River. Enjoy a lifestyle inspired by the great outdoors and offering its own scenic Northwest landscape and abundant recreational opportunities. Florence is known for its breathtaking beaches, rolling sand dunes, numerous lakes with hiking trails and a picturesque historic downtown. To the south is 40-mile-long Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area. To the north, the tide pools and hiking trails at Cape Perpetua. To the east, steelhead fishing on the Siuslaw River.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.