PeaceHealth is seeking a Centralized Scheduling Coordinator for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.37, more depending on experience.
This position will be performed fully remote. If telecommuting, PeaceHealth will provide the caregiver with necessary computer equipment. It is the responsibility of the caregiver to provide Internet access.
***Must reside in Washington, Oregon or Alaska.***
Supports the Centralized/Integrated Scheduling department by coordinating surgeries, procedures, exams, therapies and evaluations for multiple hospital and outpatient departments, modalities and facilities. Facilitates equipment, third party schedules, prior authorization, physicians’ schedules and staffing assignments. Coordinates efficient operation of the department by completing support activities as assigned.
Details of the position:
- Serves as central point of communication for community referring physicians and offices, system patient services, and caregivers to secure resources necessary for patient care. Interfaces and/or works directly with nursing units, technologists, physicians, community offices and other medical facilities to coordinate cases and appointments.
- Receives incoming phone calls related to all aspects of scheduling and coordination of patients and resources. Supports patients, caregivers, families and authorized organizations in understanding the course of pre-procedure and exam testing.
- Assures all changes to the block and schedule are in accordance with policies and alerts appropriate leadership when out of compliance. Promotes adherence to leadership and board agreements in scheduling practices.
- Analyzes clinical information and/or patient medical history to determine conflicts regarding scheduling surgeries, procedures and exams that would require consultation and resolution.
- Coordinates and schedules third party resources, equipment, caregivers and providers while maximizing efficiencies and contributing to positive patient and caregiver experiences.
- Identifies inaccuracies and missing data that would affect departments’ financial results; monitors cancellation and rescheduling of cases and appointments to manage schedules, equipment and blocks; identifies potential resource conflicts and works with leadership to resolve.
- Ensures cases and appointments have prior authorization; may coordinate with PFS to inform patient of financial responsibility and prior authorization.
What you bring:
- Associates degree required; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
- CNA or MA preferred
- Completion of basic anatomy/physiology class related to exams, especially surgical pre and post-operative diagnosis and interventional procedures preferred.
- Minimum 2 years scheduling and health records experience in a hospital or healthcare setting required.
- Experience with scheduling is preferred.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records system required.
- Experience in scheduling multiple healthcare departments and/or facilities preferred.
- Experience with compliance and legal documentation of orders, history and physical and consents preferred.
- Clinical experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of surgeries, procedures and exams performed in a hospital or an outpatient setting preferred.
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred
- If CNA or MA, certification from appropriate state required.
- Knowledge of Outlook and other Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.) applications.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, contact Kelly, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.