PeaceHealth is seeking a Diet Representative - Nutrition Services for a Part Time, 0.50 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.14, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for providing high quality meal service to patients in a safe & timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with department caregivers and leadership as well as patients, Clinical Dietitian, and nursing services.
- Ensure that food and meal items provided by the kitchen meet patient prescribed diet orders, food allergies/intolerances, and/or special dietary instructions or restrictions.
- Assist patients with menu selections in accordance with relevant dietary restrictions.
- Process all orders in approved diet software
- Approve special patient food requests based on diet order and standard work.
- Provide appropriate menus for patients to select from.
- May ensure patient pantries are stocked & inventory is charged.
- May review meal trays for accuracy & correct as needed.
- Train new caregivers as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous food service experience preferred.
- May require Food Handlers Card.
- May require BLS (Basic Life Support) certification.
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient in mathematics
- Walking & standing for up to 80% of shift
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon West Network – Sacred Heart Medical Center:
- Must have a current Food Handler’s card.
- Knowledge of hospital therapeutic diets.
- Strong telephone customer service skills.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work may require moderate physical exertion more than 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 75 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
- May be required to operate motor vehicle on urban roadways up to 25% of each day.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.