PeaceHealth is seeking a Payment Receipts Specialist - Cash Posting for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.61, more depending on experience.
This position will be performed fully remote. If telecommuting, PeaceHealth will provide the caregiver with necessary computer equipment. It is the responsibility of the caregiver to provide Internet access.
Must reside in Washington, Oregon or Alaska.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for performing payment related tasks using a manual and/or computerized system which involves receiving, distributing, transferring, and accounting for funds; receipt of payments by cash, checks, credit card, electronic funds transfer.
- Daily cash posting and reconciliation of payments, adjustments and rejections from private and third-party payors.
- May process and reconcile accounts receivable.
- Prepare deposits in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Process and monitor the electronic remittance files to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain and/or enforce security procedures to ensure safety of funds.
- May research and resolve credit balances that occur due to overpayment at the time of posting.
- May assist customers by answering inquiries and providing information.
- Assist with departmental coverage as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an accounting, banking, medical office, billing or insurance account follow-up capacity is required; Formal training or college coursework from a medical coding accredited school, specific to medical billing in lieu of experience may be considered as well
- Medical terminology experience preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance processes and billing guidelines regulations preferred.
- Proficiency in use of 10-key required.
- Proficient use of computers including MS Office applications
- Knowledge of insurance and reimbursement policies
- Strong data entry skills
- Skills in problem solving, organizational and time management
- Detail oriented
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.