PeaceHealth is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Specialist Lead for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $38.44, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines are met and service excellence is provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
Responsible for performing repairs and maintenance to plant facilities which may include utilizing some or all of the following skills areas: carpentry, locksmith, painting and plastering, plumbing, minor mechanical/electrical repairs, lighting, and furniture/fixture installation.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities; provides technical assistance; oversees staff schedules; monitors quality of work; monitors team projects; mentors staff; provides constructive feedback; oversees staff training; ensures quality improvement; provides leadership feedback on staff performance; and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Participate in long range strategic planning to mitigate infrastructure and product aging and obsolescence. Investigate, recommend, trial and price innovative and improved performance products and devices.
- Performs repairs, maintenance and furniture/fixture installations in all regional facilities. This includes: locksmith functions—maintaining building master key system and duplicate keys for various types of furniture and fixtures; maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing Access Card Systems; installing and maintaining equipment and managing database for electronic push button lock systems and mechanical/electrical automatic door operator systems; installing and repairing door hardware; installing and moving signage as needed; inspection/assessment, maintenance for roofs and drains; flooring and ceramic tile repairs and maintenance; installation of various types of fixtures (i.e. soap dispensers, bulletin boards, etc.); installation and moving of modular furniture, keyboard installations and changes for ergonomic issues; and painting and patch work.
- Coordinates contractor installs and repairs for all areas of responsibility.
- Performs cost estimates as needed in support of capital projects as well as for other materials and remodel projects.
- Works collaboratively with Employee Health and Safety to address safety issues. This includes: ergonomic assessments and work station modifications; fall risk analysis and mitigate planning and implementation; incident investigation and risk mitigation; infection control leak team response.
- Assures compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Participates in maintenance and construction contractor/vendor selection and oversight.
- Participates in process improvement project planning support and execution in sensitive environments.
- Performs creative needs assessments and problem solving.
- Performs/participates in preventive maintenance inspection, correction and evaluation programs as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Post high school carpentry apprenticeship or other equivalent formalized training preferred.
- Minimum of five years of commercial carpentry/facilities maintenance experience or equivalent required including at least one year of related painting experience.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Good visual color discrimination.
- Good communication skills.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires light to moderate physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work may require exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp tools.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.