PeaceHealth is seeking a Hospital Engineer - Facilities for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $28.34, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides in-house ability to maintain a large variety of plant equipment and health care systems.
- Repairs and maintains facilities, equipment, and utility systems in a manner that will optimize the provision of a code-compliant, safe, comfortable and healing environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Responds to and resolves alarm or emergency situations involving utility systems, life safety systems, and general facility equipment, including all non-medical fixtures and appliances.
- Makes daily rounds in areas of responsibility for maintenance work and performs repairs according to department procedures.
- Coordinates and oversees outside vendor service to ensure all work is properly completed and meets hospital standards for repair and maintenance.
- Coordinates activities and documentation to accomplish goals of the department ensuring an efficient operating department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One year of building/plant maintenance training by one or more of the following approaches: trade school, apprenticeship, or military school or training.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in hospital maintenance or industrial/commercial building/plant maintenance experience, or a combination of both required.
- Building Operator Certification preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license
- Proficient in at least two of the following trades: plumbing, steam generation/maintenance, control/alarm systems, HVAC systems, or refrigeration
- Knowledge of national and state codes, rules, regulations, laws and procedures applicable to the trade
- Must be able to cope with repeated bending, squatting, stooping, prolonged standing, walking, and climbing stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50pounds and safely operate hand tools, power tools, and diagnostic test equipment.
- Have a general understanding of basic building structure and repair.
- Must be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing with staff and contract services
- Intermediate computer, keyboarding, and data entry skills required.
UNITED GENERAL PHSYICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work constantly requires active physical exertion less than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving toxic materials or hazardous waste. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.