PeaceHealth is seeking a HIM Operations Specialist for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.00, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Analyzes health records for completeness, communicates record deficiencies to providers, follows hospital protocol and regulatory requirements; document imaging – prep, scan and quality control – in hybrid health record systems (electronic and hardcopy), and provides general clerical support to the department; processing birth certificates; storage, retrieval and delivery of health records. Validates SER (Schedulable EPIC Resource) provider records insuring the correct set up for distribution of patient records.
- Analyzes health record for completeness by providers and accuracy of information.
- Communicates medical record deficiencies to providers. Utilizes escalation of consequences to non-compliant providers, up to referring to Medical Staff for suspension of admitting/clinical privileges.
- Notifies providers/departments of insufficient completion of health records according to established guidelines.
- Acts as a resource to providers on the use of the electronic medical record. Maintain archival records onsite including pulling and refiling records as needed.
- Gathers, compiles and enters required information in Oregon, Washington and Alaska states Vital records system to record births.
- Completes other vital records workflows including submission of Social Security requests, provides proof of birth, and submissions of paternity affidavits/invoices.
- Performs advanced sorting, prepping, scanning, and quality control tasks in support of Document Management.
- Communicates with clinics and hospital locations to educate on appropriate process and clarifying questions
- Participates in unknown and non-DRS calls to assist in correct indexing of documents into CareConnect. Serves as operational support for electronic health record implementation of point of care scanning,
- Utilizes multiple on-line and CareConnect resources to complete validation of new and existing providers and facilities in CareConnect SER file.
- Makes phone calls to validate provider demographics for SER file entries. Sends validated entries to the Security Team for update. Assists visitors needing records help.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Coursework emphasis in Medical Terminology, Health Information Management, Project Management, Office Administration, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) preferred.
- Minimum of one year of health record processing experience
- Basic knowledge of general office procedures and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of anatomy and/or human physiology.
- Ability to use a complex EMR system
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to round and pick up documents from hospital units and clinics
- Proficient computer and keyboard including MS Office applications
- Proficiency in numeric filing, speed and accuracy necessary.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Multi-task/detail oriented
- Ability to handle interruptions due to phone calls, emails and questions
- Use of Skype technology to communicate with peers in different locations
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.