PeaceHealth is seeking a Instructor - Clinical Education for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $23.42, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for coordinating and delivering education for a defined population or specialized subject expertise, under the direction of the department manager/director. Integrates the learning needs of participants into instruction process.
- Teaches identified courses for a defined population or in a specialized content area.
- Delivers specialized content to support individual, department and/or system goals.
- Incorporates adult learning principles and contemporary teaching strategies into class or online presentations.
- Creates measures of caregiver competence and documentation of training including quality assurance and follow-up activities.
- Evaluates, revises and documents improvements to current program. Submits and updates course documentation.
- Creates and tracks measures of training effectiveness.
- Uses standard templates, tools, and processes in training development, competency validation and documentation.
- Assesses caregiver satisfaction and evaluate education effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise designated)
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, or field consistent with the program content being delivered; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Subject matter expertise or training.
- Two years of experience in a similar position.
- Prior experience facilitating or adult learning training desired.
- Specialty certification if required in area teaching (examples: BLS, ACLS, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage diverse groups while also managing time to complete learning goals and objectives.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) as well as a variety of equipment or technology methodologies (as applicable to subject of instruction.)
Columbia Network – Southwest Mother Baby Unit:
PHSW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.